Many business have emerged through collaboration beyond the peripheral territories of one state, thus outside business people who think of associating their business with Sri-Lankan businessmen can achieve their business target in minimum time. The accessibility to business visas have given credibility not only to businessmen but to investors too.
Business Travellers who would like to travel to Sri Lanka for 90 days should obtain business visa through Sri Lanka High Commission in London. Moreover in any circumstances, interviews will be conducted by the embassy of Sri-Lanka
The process for availing Sri-Lanka online business visa application are
- There are passport requirements in which one has to obtain original, signed passport which has the validation for six monthsbeyond stay in Sri Lanka and at least one blank passport page available for Sri Lankan visa stamp. Modification pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for Sri Lanka visas.
- Two recent 2 x 2 passport type photographs, in colour, front view and with a plain/white background.
Going for Job
- Letter from thesubsidising company, on company letterhead, introducing the applicant, indicating the applicant’s employment status/position held in the company is required and it should clearly state the purpose of travel to Sri Lanka. The business letter must also indicate who will be financially responsible for the applicant and must provide detailed contact information in Sri Lanka.
The Embassy of Sri Lanka requires an official business letter to support your application. To generate a Sri Lanka Business Cover Letter on-line, simply request this service and provide your information using the simple online form in your Visa Application Kit, which you will receive once you place your order. Hence online Sri Lankan business visa application is now possible.
For person holding Indian passport, it’s a simple process.
- One need to apply for a tourist visa at Sri Lankan e-visa website.
- You will get confirmation and then e-visa within couple of days, which is valid for 30 days from entry and can be extended to another 30 days.
- Take the printout of e-visa, during immigration at Sri Lankan airport your passport will get visa and arrival stamping.
Sri-Lankan Business Visa
Visitors from India, can carry an Indian passport to enter Sri Lanka for 30 days. Visits are limited to tourism and business visits only, and they should not get engage in paid work or employment. They can apply for an extension from the Department of Immigration & Emigration in Colombo for a maximum of 6 months. The business visa is valid for 180 days from the date of application and permits you two entries into the country. Since India is a member of The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC), and therefore the reduced fee of ($20 US) is applicable for all business visa applications. However applicants under 12 years of age are exempt from paying fees. If anyone from Indian origin intend to visits Sri Lanka, then he or she will have to carry an Indian passport and proof of a valid round-trip ticket showing the port of entry into Sri Lanka.