Traveling is made easier now for the Indian Passport Holders who are planning to visit Sri Lanka in the near future. You can travel to Sri Lanka by applying for either tourist, business or a transit visa, depending completely on your requirements.
From 1 January, 2012, Sri Lanka has made it compulsory to carry to apply for ETA on-line through Sri Lanka online visa application form before travelling to Sri Lanka. The process is easy and entirely electronic. The application can be submitted online and the approval will be returned by the officials through e-mail within 2-3 hours.
Let us throw in some light upon the concept of ETA that will clear out any doubts regarding its processing time and the documents:
- As the process is entirely electrical, the applicant does not require submitting his original documents or passport.
- Your visa will be processed even if you will submit a copy online.
- The applicant is required to download a copy of Sri Lanka online visa application form and submit it on eta.gov.lk
- If the form is filled completely and without errors, it takes 1-2 hours to get the approval from the designated authorities.
- Processing time could be extended if the information provided by the applicant contains incorrect or false information or having any criminal record against him.
- ETA is valid for 30 days and allows you 2 entries in the country.
- To apply for an ETA applicant must be outside Sri Lanka and should hold a passport that is valid for at least 6 months period.
- Applicant must apply for ETA with the passport & passport number you will be travelling to Sri Lanka with; as the ETA will be linked to that same passport number.
- As the visa will be linked to your passport number, therefore no stamp or label will be placed or is required to be placed, in your passport.
For further information kindly visit our website www.sri-lankaeta.com